From Whistler, BC to Prairie due Chien, WI
If you understand a little French you’ll know that prairie du chien literally translates to dog prairie, and I chuckled when I saw it combined with whistler as whistle and dog seemed like a funny combination. I decided to dig through tens of thousands of other route pairs entered on Cost2Drive in 2011 to see if I could find any more humorous combinations and below are the results.
- Great Neck, NY to Lynchburg, VA…gallows humor
- Plymouth, MA to Mechanicville, NY…if you’ve ever owned one you’ll get this
- Wellfleet, MA to Sinking Spring, PA
- Belle Chasse, LA to Deerfield, IL (belle chase translates to ‘good hunt’)
- Newton, MA to Appleton, WI
- Rushville, NY to Shippagan, New Brunswick…haste makes waste
- Loveland, CO to Kissimmee, FL
- Champaign, IL to Little Creek, DE…for those with small bladders
- Washington, DC to Circleville, OH…my only political commentary
- Butler, PA to Leavenworth, KS…he obviously did it
- Norwood, MA to Widener, AR…Buffalo Bills are still recovering from this one
- Norman, OK to Batesville, AR….MOOOOTHHHEEERRR!!
- Clinton, CT to Bushville, NY…Nov. 2001
- Cherry Hill, NJ to Pittsfield, MA
- Cedar Falls, IA to Lumberton, TX…cue the groans
- Napoleonville, LA to Waterloo, IA… we all know how this trip ends
- Vestal, NY to Bangor, ME…the naughty one
- Winchester, VA to Flower Mound, TX…live by the sword..
- Old Bridge, NY to Pray, MT
- Fruitport, MI to Flushing, NY
We hope you enjoyed our top 20 list as much as we enjoyed putting it together. Its a great deal of fun thinking about the different city combinations and if you’re the creative type feel free to add your own funny routes using the comments feature below. If we like it we may highlight your submission in a future post.
Happy New Year and Safe Driving in 2012!